Sunday, February 17, 2013

Endeavour Space Shuttle

Last week, I went to the California Science Center in LA. There were interesting things, but the highlight was the well known Endeavour Space Shuttle. I especially wanted to see it because when I was about 7 years old, I had seen the Endeavour blast off in Florida.
I was mesmerized about how enormous it was, it barely fit in one picture! The whole body of the Shuttle looked very worn-down, but at the same time very proud (if an object could look proud) of itself. I spent my time exploring every symbol, nail, and surface of the gigantic thing.
After taking 100s of pictures, I moved on to the facts that we posted on the walls. Here are some things I learned:
  • It first blasted off on May 7th, 1992 for its first mission- to connect with a stranded satellite, and put it back to service.
  • It had been made to replace the Challenger, which exploded with the 7 astronauts.
  • It is the youngest space shuttle.
  • Over the course of 19 years, it had accomplished 25 missions.
  • Its last mission was in May, 2011.
Here are some pictures:



      I think this is a panorama shot........... 
                                   Thing #1

No comments:

Post a Comment